Registering for a course at the British Council is easy.
1. Take a free English level test
Our level test is designed to assess your written and spoken English in approximately 45 minutes. The test is for free and you will receive your results straight away.
You do not need to take a level tests if you/your child:
- have completed a course with us within the last six months
- have taken a level test at the British Council within the last six months
- want to register for one of our workshops
- if your child is 5-10 years old (please see more information in English for children section).
2. Choose the course that suits you
Once your test is marked, we will recommend the most appropriate course for you based on your needs and learning goals.
3. Register for a course
If a suitable course is available, you may register for a course and pay the course fee. Alternatively, you may reserve a place and pay for the course within two days of the reservation date (but before the course starts).
We accept payment by card, bank transfer or invoice. If you intend to claim the value of the course from your company please note that invoices are issued on request only and provide us with the necessary company details.
We look forward to welcoming you at the British Council.