We are committed to providing students with a structured English language learning programme so each student can reach their full potential in a stimulating, rewarding and safe environment.
We believe students learn most effectively when they are engaged, motivated and challenged. We recognise that each student learns and develops at different rates so our courses respect each student’s developmental stage. Our teachers use a range of age-appropriate techniques and resources ensuring the most effective language learning experience.
We expect our students to take an active role in their own learning and reflect on their progress. Our approach covers all aspects of communication with an emphasis on developing confidence in speaking to equip students with the English they will need for future academic study, employment and social situations
Children at this age benefit from established class routines and are capable of longer periods of concentration in a classroom setting. Learners are still developing concepts, literacy and numeracy in their first language and our carefully selected English course content supports this.
Students on our children courses (6-10 years):
- cover topics of interest to children and relate these to their own experiences
- increase their confidence and interest in the English language
- learn and practise a wide range of language functions
- are exposed to natural language through activities giving them a real purpose to communicate in familiar and meaningful situations
- extend their knowledge of the world
- develop thinking and problem-solving skills and model universal values and behaviour.
What will my child learn?
Depending on their level, students on a typical course learn how to introduce themselves, follow verbal instructions, write a postcard and ask for things politely. They will use English to study interesting and relevant topics, such as world travel and animals.