We are committed to providing students with a structured English language learning programme so each student can reach their full potential in a stimulating, rewarding and safe environment.
We believe students learn most effectively when they are engaged, motivated and challenged. We recognise that each student learns and develops at different rates so our courses respect each student’s developmental stage. Our teachers use a range of age-appropriate techniques and resources ensuring the most effective language learning experience.
We expect our students to take an active role in their own learning and reflect on their progress. Our approach covers all aspects of communication with an emphasis on developing confidence in speaking to equip students with the English they will need for future academic study, employment and social situations.
Students on our courses for teenagers (12-17 years):
- cover all aspects of communication – listening, speaking, reading and writing
- build on their existing knowledge of English
- engage in a variety of activities such as interviews, surveys, role-plays, giving presentations and writing book reviews to facilitate and develop a rich and effective use of English
- develop study skills such as organising and monitoring learning, note-taking, memorising, managing time and eading effectively
- use materials such as course books, video, ICT and other authentic materials
- work with the whole class, in pairs or groups or individually to vary and maximise opportunities for interaction and confidence building.
What will my child learn?
Depending on their level, students on a typical course learn how to give directions, complete an application form, order food in a restaurant and listen to news reports. They will use English to study interesting and relevant topics, such as social media and sport.