We observe all valid regulations and safety precautions when delivering our language exams.
COVID-19: FAQs about Exams
1. Should I book an exam, given the current situation? What will happen if it gets cancelled?
Yes, please register for the exam you are interested in. If we have to cancel it, we will offer you a free transfer or a refund.
2. I live abroad. Can I register for an exam in Slovakia?
We reserve the right to refuse entry to candidates who fail to present a valid proof that they comply with the valid requirements on entering the Slovak Republic.
3. Is it safe for me to take an English test with the British Council?
The health of our test takers and staff is our priority. We observe all valid regulations and safety precautions when delivering our language exams.
We have put the following measures in place to make our test centres as safe as possible:
- Test venues and equipment will be cleaned thoroughly prior to each test session
- Our staff will be wearing FFP2 masks.
- You will be required to wear an FFP2 mask in all common areas and maintain physical distance at all times. If you would like to, you may also wear latex gloves although this is not required.
- We will provide sanitisers throughout the test venue and we ask that all test takers use them regularly or wash their hands to help ensure a safe environment.
- We will not provide pens or pencils to test takers who will be asked to bring their own stationery on the test day.
Learn more about COVID-19 Safety precautions on the test day. You will also receive a message from the test centre outlining the safety measures and requirements for the test day.
4. Is there any limit on the number of test takers inside your exam premises?
Test venues have limits on numbers of candidates that can be seated there. We observe all valid regulations and safety precautions when delivering our language exams. As we are maintaining physical distancing at all test venues, we will be able to accommodate fewer candidates than before Covid-19.
5. What regulations do I need to observe to sit an exam with the British Council?
We conduct all exams in compliance with the new Covid Automat alert system. We will let you know 3 days before the exam at the latest which regulations apply for the exam you registered for.